Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Olli Suihkonen <os...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/08 15:07:50 UTC

slide without metadata

Hello,

I have a simple question about Slide. Is it possible
to use Slide as a basic WebDAV service without storing
versioning or other metadata whatsoever? Just to read
and write content files.

Basically I need a means to control access to
directories on username basis, which Slide seems to
provide, but I also need to access content that is not
uploaded through Slide (and therefore is independent
of Slide).

Please tell me is this possible, or if it is not do
you think the framework could be used with reasonable
amount of work to this purpose?

Thanks a lot,
Olli

Re: slide without metadata

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Hi Olli,

I would suggest you have a look at the wedav servlet that comes with
Tomcat. It's much simpler than Slide and should allow to access
content that was not uploaded via WebDAV.

Regards,
Ingo

Re: slide without metadata

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Olli,

Slide can't serve content which wasn't checked in through it.
Maybe Tomcat's WebdavServlet, which can do this, is enough for
you?

Regards,
Andreas