Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "bhushan.kandalkar" <bh...@harbingergroup.com> on 2013/02/27 07:40:05 UTC

Ganglia Vs Nagios

Hi,

I need to monitor my Hadoop/HBase cluster.

Which tool is good? Ganglia or Nagios?

Thanks,
Bhushan

Disclaimer:
This e-mail may contain Privileged/Confidential information and
 is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any review, retransmission, d
issemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is proh
ibited. Please notify the sender, if you have received this e-mail by mistak
e and delete it from your system. Information in this message that does not
relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neithe
r given nor endorsed by it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be s
ecure or error-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version
. Visit us at http://www.harbingergroup.com/

Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Both Jean-Marc and Leonid are correct.  SPM will give you HBase and a
number of server metrics.  Right now it won't give you, say, ZK or HDFS
metrics, but that's on the TODO list, of course.  Anyhow, it's free for
anyone to try and use and see if it does the job for them or not.

Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support
http://sematext.com/

Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Leonid,

Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios

Posted by Leonid Fedotov <lf...@hortonworks.com>.
Brushan,

Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios

Posted by Swathi V <sw...@gmail.com>.
IMHO, you can use ganglia for monitoring the cluster and use nagios for
alerting , upon ganglia.

Thank you.
Regards,
Swathi
Blog URL:
http://femgeekz.blogspot.in

Excuse typos. Sent from HTC Sensation XE.
On Feb 27, 2013 1:00 PM, "bhushan.kandalkar" <

Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@hortonworks.com>.
Hey,

You need to use both. If you setup the cluster through Apache Ambari (
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/), it will setup everything for you.

Enis

Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios

Posted by Leonid Fedotov <lf...@hortonworks.com>.