Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by "James, Steven" <St...@logicacmg.com> on 2005/04/01 12:32:37 UTC

session transaction

does anyone how to use ibatis to have a global transaction for a session. I am not using J2ee and the database
is mysql 4.1.10. I have had a simple go at starting the transaction at the begining of a gui session and then not commiting
but the database did not rollback. The jdbc is j-conector 3.1.6

Not done database programming for a few years but i thought that this would have been possible. i.e to have tranaction within
a transaction.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Steve..

Re: session transaction

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
You should not and cannot run a nested transaction. I'm not sure what
you mean by "transaction at the begining of a gui session". Your
transactions should surround a set of finer grained DAO from a
service/logic class.

GUI-->Logic-->DAO

The Logic portion is where you would start/commit/end transactions.

I hope that helps,
Brandon