Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Christian Steinebach <Ch...@marintek.sintef.no> on 2012/12/03 11:30:22 UTC

Wicket, github, demo...

Hi

Congratulations that isis made it to apache!

I've just started exploring the possibilities, but have some problems.
I am interested in running the claims demo and wicket.

I started using the quickstart archetype to play around with a simple project.
But there is no support for wicket. Is there a way to enable wicket support?

I found the github location for version 0.3 and could clone the project from
https://github.com/danhaywood/apache-isis-tlp
but building/compiling etc. does not work (for me ;-).

I hope somebody give me some hints on how to
- enable wicket
- run the claim demo
- update to the current version

          Thanks in advance

                     Christian

Re: Wicket, github, demo...

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
Hi Christian,

I don't know if it will solve your problem but perhaps you can try building
using Maven 3 (since that is what we use in the project).

-Jeroen

Re: Wicket, github, demo...

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Christian,

sorry that getting Isis running for you took a little while ... though you
find us in the middle of major rationalization of our codebase so we're a
bit preoccupied on that at the moment!

but, glad you got it working, anyway.  Let us know if you get stuck
further, we'll do our best to assist.

Cheers
Dan

On 7 December 2012 10:40, Christian Steinebach <

RE: Wicket, github, demo...

I started from scratch on a different computer, installed maven 3.

mvn clean install
cd viewer-wicket
mvn antrun:run

But the result is the same. :-(
The logon screen appears, afterwards wicket crashes complaining about the HomePage.

Doing a refresh of the web page results in the exception shown below,
i.e. could not initialize class org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.consent.Veto.

Does that give a clue?

Christian

Root cause:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.consent.Veto
[...]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

RE: Wicket, github, demo...

Re: Wicket, github, demo...

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Looks like there's a bit of instability around the version of Hamcrest
that's being picked up; I see:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hamcrest.CoreMatchers.
anyOf(Lorg/hamcrest/Matcher;Lorg/hamcrest/Matcher;)Lorg/hamcrest/core/AnyOf;

You could perhaps force the version of Hamcrest with a
<dependencyManagement> section in the wicket viewer's pom.xml.  Not sure
which way around it should be: v1.3 or v1.1.

Kinda odd that this error is occurring; when you run the "mvn clean
install", do you get any warning messages at the beginning?  Might be a
useful clue.

On 4 December 2012 11:16, Christian Steinebach <

RE: Wicket, github, demo...

Posted by Christian Steinebach <Ch...@marintek.sintef.no>.
Hi,

thanks again for helping. See the log below.
As suggested by Jeroen I will install maven 3 and give it a try

              Christian

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building QuickStart Wicket Viewer
[INFO]    task-segment: [antrun:run]
[WARNING] DEPRECATED [tasks]: Use target instead
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: default-cli}]
[WARNING] Parameter tasks is deprecated, use target instead
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
     [exec] 4282 [Thread-4] INFO org.simplericity.jettyconsole.DefaultJettyManager - Added web application on path / from war /home/chris/NetBeansProjects/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo/viewer-wicket/target/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo-viewer-wicket-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war
     [exec] 4282 [Thread-4] INFO org.simplericity.jettyconsole.DefaultJettyManager - Starting web application on port 8081
     [exec] 4285 [Thread-4] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server - jetty-7.5.1.v20110908
     [exec] 4328 [Thread-4] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebInfConfiguration - Extract jar:file:/home/chris/NetBeansProjects/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo/viewer-wicket/target/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo-viewer-wicket-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war!/ to /tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8081-quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo-viewer-wicket-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war-_-any-/webapp
     [exec] 5739 [Thread-4] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.StandardDescriptorProcessor - NO JSP Support for /, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
     [exec] 5774 [Thread-4] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler - started o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/,file:/tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8081-quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo-viewer-wicket-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war-_-any-/webapp/},/home/chris/NetBeansProjects/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo/viewer-wicket/target/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo-viewer-wicket-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war
     [exec] SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
     [exec] SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8081-quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo-viewer-wicket-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war-_-any-/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.6.4.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
     [exec] SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/chris/NetBeansProjects/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo/viewer-wicket/target/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo-viewer-wicket-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war!/META-INF/jettyconsole/lib/slf4j-simple-1.6.1.jar/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
     [exec] SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
     [exec] INFO  - WebXmlFile                 - web.xml: url mapping found for filter with name wicket: [/*]
     [exec] INFO  - Application                - [wicket] init: Wicket core library initializer
     [exec] INFO  - RequestListenerInterface   - registered listener interface [RequestListenerInterface name=IBehaviorListener, method=public abstract void org.apache.wicket.behavior.IBehaviorListener.onRequest()]
     [exec] INFO  - RequestListenerInterface   - registered listener interface [RequestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract void org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]
     [exec] INFO  - RequestListenerInterface   - registered listener interface [RequestListenerInterface name=ILinkListener, method=public abstract void org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
     [exec] INFO  - RequestListenerInterface   - registered listener interface [RequestListenerInterface name=IOnChangeListener, method=public abstract void org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IOnChangeListener.onSelectionChanged()]
     [exec] INFO  - RequestListenerInterface   - registered listener interface [RequestListenerInterface name=IRedirectListener, method=public abstract void org.apache.wicket.IRedirectListener.onRedirect()]
     [exec] INFO  - RequestListenerInterface   - registered listener interface [RequestListenerInterface name=IResourceListener, method=public abstract void org.apache.wicket.IResourceListener.onResourceRequested()]
     [exec] INFO  - Application                - [wicket] init: Wicket extensions initializer
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.security.ldap.authorization.LdapAuthorizationManagerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.security.ldap.authentication.LdapAuthenticationManagerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.security.sql.authorization.SqlAuthorizationManagerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.security.sql.authentication.SqlAuthenticationManagerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.viewer.dnd.DndViewerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.viewer.html.HtmlViewerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.viewer.restfulobjects.viewer.embedded.RestfulObjectsViewerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.objectstores.dflt.InMemoryPersistenceMechanismInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.objectstores.xml.XmlPersistenceMechanismInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.objectstores.sql.SqlPersistorInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.objectstores.nosql.db.mongo.MongoPersistorMechanismInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.objectstores.nosql.db.file.FileServerPersistorMechanismInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.profilestores.xml.XmlUserProfileStoreInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.profilestores.sql.SqlUserProfileStoreInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerLookupDefault     - component installer not found; it will not be available: org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.webserver.embedded.jetty.JettyEmbeddedWebServerInstaller
     [exec] INFO  - SystemFixturesHookAbstract - initialising Isis System
     [exec] INFO  - SystemFixturesHookAbstract - working directory: /home/chris/NetBeansProjects/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo/viewer-wicket/.
     [exec] INFO  - SystemFixturesHookAbstract - resource stream source: chain [context loader classpath, current class' classpath, servlet context ('/WEB-INF')]
     [exec] INFO  - TemplateImageLoaderAwt     - images to be loaded from images/
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerFromConfiguration - installing org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.runtime.services.ServicesInstallerFromConfiguration
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerFromConfiguration - creating service objstore.jdo.todo.ToDoItemsJdo
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerFromConfiguration - creating service fixture.todo.ToDoItemsFixturesService
     [exec] INFO  - InstallerFromConfiguration - creating service dom.audit.AuditServiceDemo
     [exec] INFO  - TemplateImageLoaderAwt     - images to be loaded from images/
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting objstore.jdo.todo.ToDoItemsJdo
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting dom.todo.ToDoItems
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.apache.isis.applib.AbstractFactoryAndRepository
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.apache.isis.applib.AbstractService
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.apache.isis.applib.AbstractService
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.apache.isis.applib.AbstractContainedObject
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting java.lang.Object
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting java.lang.String
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting java.util.List
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting java.util.Collection
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting java.lang.Iterable
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting dom.todo.ToDoItem
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting javax.jdo.spi.PersistenceCapable
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting dom.todo.ToDoItem$Category
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting boolean
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.joda.time.LocalDate
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting java.lang.Long
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting fixture.todo.ToDoItemsFixturesService
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting dom.audit.AuditServiceDemo
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.apache.isis.runtimes.dflt.objectstores.jdo.applib.AuditService
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting long
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting void
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting dom.audit.AuditEntry
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.apache.isis.applib.bookmarks.BookmarkHolder
     [exec] INFO  - FacetedMethodsBuilder      - introspecting org.apache.isis.applib.value.DateTime
     [exec] ********************************************************************
     [exec] *** WARNING: Wicket is running in DEVELOPMENT mode.              ***
     [exec] ***                               ^^^^^^^^^^^                    ***
     [exec] *** Do NOT deploy to your live server(s) without changing this.  ***
     [exec] *** See Application#getConfigurationType() for more information. ***
     [exec] ********************************************************************
     [exec] 8180 [Thread-4] INFO org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector - Started DefaultJettyManager$2@0.0.0.0:8081 STARTING
     [exec] WARN  - InstallerFromConfiguration - No fixtures loaded from configuration
     [exec] INFO  - WebApplication             - [wicket] Started Wicket version 6.3.0 in DEVELOPMENT mode
     [exec] ERROR - DefaultExceptionMapper     - Unexpected error occurred
     [exec] org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Can't instantiate page using constructor 'public org.apache.isis.viewer.wicket.ui.pages.home.HomePage()'. Might be it doesn't exist, may be it is not visible (public).
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.session.DefaultPageFactory.newPage(DefaultPageFactory.java:193)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.session.DefaultPageFactory.newPage(DefaultPageFactory.java:66)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.DefaultMapperContext.newPageInstance(DefaultMapperContext.java:133)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.PageProvider.resolvePageInstance(PageProvider.java:278)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.PageProvider.getPageInstance(PageProvider.java:166)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.handler.render.PageRenderer.getPage(PageRenderer.java:78)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.handler.render.WebPageRenderer.renderPage(WebPageRenderer.java:94)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.handler.render.WebPageRenderer.respond(WebPageRenderer.java:196)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.RenderPageRequestHandler.respond(RenderPageRequestHandler.java:165)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:830)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:253)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:210)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:281)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:188)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:245)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1326)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:479)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:227)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:940)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:874)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:250)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:149)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:904)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:565)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:217)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:46)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:545)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:43)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598)
     [exec]     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)
     [exec]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
     [exec] Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
     [exec]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
     [exec]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
     [exec]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
     [exec]     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
     [exec]     at org.apache.wicket.session.DefaultPageFactory.newPage(DefaultPageFactory.java:174)
     [exec]     ... 39 more
     [exec] Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hamcrest.CoreMatchers.anyOf(Lorg/hamcrest/Matcher;Lorg/hamcrest/Matcher;)Lorg/hamcrest/core/AnyOf;
     [exec]     at org.apache.isis.core.commons.matchers.IsisMatchers.nonEmptyStringOrNull(IsisMatchers.java:149)
     [exec]     at org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.consent.ConsentAbstract.<init>(ConsentAbstract.java:92)
     [exec]     at org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.consent.ConsentAbstract.<init>(ConsentAbstract.java:86)
     [exec]     at org.apache.isis.core.metamodel.consent.Veto.<init>(Veto.java:42)