Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mohammed Guller <mo...@glassbeam.com> on 2015/06/01 20:13:19 UTC

RE: Spark SQL JDBC Server + DSE

Brian,
We haven't open sourced the REST server, but not  opposed to doing it. Just need to carve out some time to clean up the code and carve it out from all the other stuff that we do in that REST server.  Will try to do it in the next few weeks. If you need it sooner, let me know.

I did consider the option of writing our own Spark SQL JDBC driver for C*, but it is lower on the priority list right now.

Mohammed

From: Mohammed Guller <mo...@glassbeam.com>>
Date: Friday, May 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>

Brian,
I implemented a similar REST server last year and it works great. Now we have a requirement to support JDBC connectivity in addition to the REST API. We want to allow users to use tools like Tableau to connect to C* through the Spark SQL JDBC/Thift server.

Mohammed

From: Mohammed Guller <mo...@glassbeam.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 8:26 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<ma...@cassandra.apache.org>" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>

Anybody out there using DSE + Spark SQL JDBC server?

Mohammed

Posted by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu>.
Kudos Ben.  We¹ve been tracking Zeppelin, and considered doing the same
thing.
You beat us to it.  Well done.

-brian

---
Brian O'Neill
Chief Technology Officer
Health Market Science, a LexisNexis Company
215.588.6024 Mobile € @boneill42 <http://www.twitter.com/boneill42>

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or the
person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please contact
the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and
destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this
strictly prohibited.

From:  Ben Bromhead <be...@instaclustr.com>
Date:  Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM
To:  <us...@cassandra.apache.org>

If you want a web based notebook style approach (similar to ipython) check
out https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin

And https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/86

Bonus free pretty graphs!

--