Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jerry Baker <je...@attbi.com> on 2002/06/25 07:55:29 UTC

SSLRequireSSL Doesn't Work?

I placed an .htaccess file in a directory with this directive in it and
I was able to access it through HTTP anyway. I then tried putting the
directive in a <Directory> container in the SSL virtual host container
and I was also able to gain access via HTTP. WTH?

--
Jerry Baker

Re: SSLRequireSSL Doesn't Work?

Posted by Jerry Baker <je...@attbi.com>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> > > I don't suppose you have Satisfy Any in effect, do you?
> >
> > No sir.
>
> Hmph.  Well, maybe it's just busted.  :)  I'll try to take a peek tomorrow
> if I have time.
>
> --Cliff

I see what it is. AllowOverride must be set in each and every virtual
host. It does not carry over from the default server config. This was
causing my .htaccess not to be read.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Jerry Baker <je...@attbi.com>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Jerry Baker wrote:
>
> > I placed an .htaccess file in a directory with this directive in it and
> > I was able to access it through HTTP anyway. I then tried putting the
> > directive in a <Directory> container in the SSL virtual host container
> > and I was also able to gain access via HTTP. WTH?
>
> I don't suppose you have Satisfy Any in effect, do you?
>
> --Cliff

No sir.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.