Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/11 18:31:37 UTC

Writing a Maven 3.1+ plugin

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to write a small internal Maven plugin and as we're
on Maven 3.1+ only, I have no need to be backwards compatible.

My struggle is currently in finding good resources how a current Maven
plugin should be written. I found documentation of the Java5
annotations, so far so good. I'm currently struggling to get dependency
injection to work and hand me an Aether RepositorySystem (as the plugin
should analyze the dependency tree and the POMs of the dependencies).

Is there a list of Maven 3.1+ plugins which have been converted where I
could have a look? Or some good resources / blog posts about that? And
is there some overview of available "Components" which are available for
injection into a Mojo?

Greetings
-Sascha-

Re: Writing a Maven 3.1+ plugin

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Sascha,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/AetherClassNotFound
contains a list of plugins which has been updated to make them compatible
with 3.1+.
You should also have a look at
http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-dependency-tree/ which provides an
interface for all Maven versions where you want to go through the
dependencies.

thanks,
Robert