Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Eswar K <kj...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/18 17:15:48 UTC

Performance of Solr on different Platforms

Hi,

I understand that Solr can be used on different Linux flavors. Is there any
preferred flavor (Like Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc)?
Also what is the kind of configuration of hardware (Processors, RAM, etc) be
best suited for the install?
We expect to load it with millions of documents (varying from 2 - 20
million). There might be around 1000 concurrent users.

Your help in this regard will be appreciated.

Regards,
Eswar

Re: Performance of Solr on different Platforms

Posted by Rishabh Joshi <ri...@gmail.com>.
Eswar,

This link would give you a fair idea of how Solr is used by some of the
sites/companies -
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceData

Rishabh

Posted by Eswar K <kj...@gmail.com>.