Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@metastuff.com> on 2001/02/22 17:39:24 UTC

Re: PROPOSAL: http tag library (version 0.3 attached)

> Now do you think you could add a <http:xmlrpc> ? ;)

Your wish is my command Mike :)

I've attached version 0.3 of the http-tags: full source code, documentation
and sample web-app.
This version includes a <http:xmlrpc> tag too so that the tag lib supports
both arbitrary http request, SOAP and XML-RPC requests. To make an XML-RPC
call its as simple as:-

<http:xmlrpc url="/RPC2">
 <http:body>
  <methodCall>
     <methodName>examples.getStateName</methodName>
     <params>
        <param>
           <value><i4>41</i4></value>
           </param>
        </params>
     </methodCall>
 </http:body>
</http:xmlrpc>

I've also added a URLHelper class such that local URIs, relative to the
web-app (e.g. "/foo.jsp") or remote URLs (e.g. "http://www.foo.com") are all
now supported in all the <http:request>, <http:soap> and <http:xmlrpc> tags.

Finally I've added 2 simple echo services to the sample web app, one XML-RPC
and one SOAP that just echo the request information they are given. They are
both a simple test harnesses and they also let you see what information you
are sending to the web service.

Any more comments?

<James/>

James Strachan
=============
email: james@metastuff.com
web: http://www.metastuff.com

If you are not the addressee of this confidential e-mail and any
attachments, please delete it and inform the sender; unauthorised
redistribution or publication is prohibited.
Views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Citria Limited.

RE: PROPOSAL: http tag library (version 0.3 attached)

Posted by Mike Cannon-Brookes <mc...@internet.com>.
James,

Nope, this is fantastic as well.

Extras:
- does it support HTTPS URLs (everywhere)? Especially with SOAP and XML-RPC
they're most often carried over HTTP + SSL.
- <http:head> to just do a head request (ie to get the last modified date of
a page or something)

I'm sure there's more but this is awesome already.

I'm +1 on adding this immediately.

-mike