Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Lynn Schaper <sc...@Colorado.EDU> on 2003/10/09 18:29:10 UTC

Future sessions

I've just spent a few days working on a new apache build (2.0.47), and I
have some comments and suggestions for ApacheCon sessions and/or
tutorials.  I realize that this year's sessions have been set for a
while.  So you can save this info for next year or for for last-minute
replacements this year.  I just know that when you ask for session ideas
next year, I won't have spent recent time with a new build and install,
and it won't be fresh in my mind.

I'd like to see more sessions on what I'd call "intermediate apache."
This is getting beyond using the defaults in the build, install, and
httpd.conf file.

- What are all of the configure options?  What do they mean?
  . What environment variables can be used that aren't
    documented?  (eg, LD)
  . What are all of the command line options?  Are they all listed
    in configure --help?
  . What do you really get with --enable-mods-shared=all/most?
  . Configure tips & tricks

- Intermediate apache
  . Using apxs
  . Using mod_proxy
  . Understanding server-status
  . Beyond basic httpd.conf, eg, using SetEnvIf with logging
    I would think there is a lot in this area

- What shows up over and over again on the list and newsgroups?

My $.02.

Lynn
--
    Lynn Schaper                        Schaper@colorado.edu
    Information Technology Services     Central and Unix Services

Re: Lightning Talks [WAS Re: Future sessions]

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Last session we tried Apache Lightning Talks - short five minute presentations
> of a single feature, or combinations of facilities to accomplish something more
> sophisticated with Apache.
>
> I don't know off the top of my head if they are scheduled this time around,
> but you present some great ideas for talks if someone wanted to pick one up.

It is my intention to do a Lightning Talks as a BOF or evening event,
but I'm afraid I seem to have gotten distracted and not made much
progress on that. Thanks for reminding me.

> Bill
>

> At 11:29 AM 10/9/2003, Lynn Schaper wrote:
> >I've just spent a few days working on a new apache build (2.0.47), and I
> >have some comments and suggestions for ApacheCon sessions and/or
> >tutorials.  I realize that this year's sessions have been set for a
> >while.  So you can save this info for next year or for for last-minute
> >replacements this year.  I just know that when you ask for session ideas
> >next year, I won't have spent recent time with a new build and install,
> >and it won't be fresh in my mind.
> >
> >I'd like to see more sessions on what I'd call "intermediate apache."
> >This is getting beyond using the defaults in the build, install, and
> >httpd.conf file.
> >
> >- What are all of the configure options?  What do they mean?
> >  . What environment variables can be used that aren't
> >    documented?  (eg, LD)
> >  . What are all of the command line options?  Are they all listed
> >    in configure --help?
> >  . What do you really get with --enable-mods-shared=all/most?
> >  . Configure tips & tricks
> >
> >- Intermediate apache
> >  . Using apxs
> >  . Using mod_proxy
> >  . Understanding server-status
> >  . Beyond basic httpd.conf, eg, using SetEnvIf with logging
> >    I would think there is a lot in this area
> >
> >- What shows up over and over again on the list and newsgroups?
> >
> >My $.02.
> >
> >Lynn
> >--
> >    Lynn Schaper                        Schaper@colorado.edu
> >    Information Technology Services     Central and Unix Services
> >    University of Colorado at Boulder   303-492-3872

And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!"
 (The Jumblies, by Edward Lear)

Lightning Talks [WAS Re: Future sessions]

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.