Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jason <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/29 23:00:14 UTC

log4j-1.2.7.jar

Hello,

We ship log4j-1.2.7 with our product.  We've had a few
complaints from clients who use WebLogic.  Apparently,
Weblogic has issues with jar files with more than one
dot in their name.  They are requesting that we rename
the file to log4j-1_2_7 in our distribution.  I'm just
curious whether anyone else has encountered this
problem?  Also, does anyone think that there are any
potential issues (legal or otherwise) with our
shipping the renamed file?  Thanks!

-jason

Re: log4j-1.2.7.jar

Posted by Jason <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ceki,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I've not
experienced it myself so I'm not sure for which
versions of WebLogic it's a problem, but I've heard
about it from a number of clients so apparently it is
an issue.  Thanks, again, for taking the time to
reply.

-jason

Re: log4j-1.2.7.jar

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.