Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2002/04/11 09:49:01 UTC

FW: Cannot allocate memory?

----- Forwarded message from issues-reject-1018489427.6282.fhpmcgndkcbdahfigbbg@subversion.tigris.org -----

From: Chia Shee Liang <sh...@lit.org.sg>
Subject: Cannot allocate memory?
To: issues@subversion.tigris.org
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:47:52 +0800

	I'm new to subversion and I'm trying to import the linux-2.4.18 kernel
	into a local repository. I encountered an error like 'Berkeley DB
	error length of string to long' or 'Berkeley DB error revision node
	error' or something like that. They both end with 'Cannot allocate
	memory'. I've tried the latest subversion from the download page as
	well as the latest from trunk itself. Can anyone help? Please cc to me
	as I'm not on the list.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: FW: Cannot allocate memory?

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Chia Shee Liang <sh...@lit.org.sg> writes:

> Thanks, man! It's working fine now. I just hope that future versions will
> maintain db compatibility or at least provide an easy upgrade path.

Hate to be the one to break the news, but you can almost guarantee
that the DB format will be changing (for the better of course!) before
we hit alpha.  But of course, an upgrade path would be provided.  I
mean, we have to convert our OWN repository somehow :-)

Re: FW: Cannot allocate memory?

Posted by Chia Shee Liang <sh...@lit.org.sg>.

Posted by Ben Collins <bc...@debian.org>.
On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 07:05:05PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

FYI, I believe the defaults (check the db4 docs) are 500 for each of
these.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/

> > > Create a file called <path-to-repo>/db/DB_CONFIG, and put in it:
> > >
> > > set_lk_max_locks 5000
> > > set_lk_max_lockers 5000
> > > set_lk_max_objects 5000
> > >
> > > The do this:
> > >
> > > 	$ cd <path-to-repo>/db/
> > > 	$ db4_recover -ve -h .
> > >
> > > Now the import should work.
> >
> > Right.  Maybe we should let 'svnadmin create' create the <repos>/db/DB_CONFIG
> > file with some default values and put something about it in <repos>/README.
> > And, we should put something in the README/INSTALL file(s) about this (I'll
> > try and do that somewhere soon).
>
> +1, baby.  Great suggestion.  Though perhaps this work should actually
> be in svn_fs_ so that all Subversion repos creators (there may be
> others besides svnadmin, like, say, our C tests) get the same default
> values.

Ok. I'm on it.  Expect a patch shortly.

Sander

Posted by Ben Collins <bc...@debian.org>.