Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Avula, Raj" <RA...@firstam.com> on 2002/03/19 20:19:03 UTC

XalanC Sort Case-Order.

Hi,
	I am trying to use xsl:sort with xalanC1.3.
I had built ICU2.0 and re-built xalan with ICU.
I have started tying out some of the sorting functionality.
And  I found that case-order={upper-first|lower-first} attribute
is not working properly. Do I need to do anything to make this work
or is it a known problem?

If I try with xalan1.2 <xsl:sort order={ascending|descing} is also not
working properly.

Please let me know.

Here is sample xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AAA>
	<BBB>cc </BBB>
	<BBB>ff </BBB>
	<BBB>aa </BBB>
	<BBB>fff </BBB>
	<BBB>FFF </BBB>
	<BBB>Aa </BBB>
	<BBB>ccCCC </BBB>
</AAA>

Sample XSL:
     <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl = "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
version = "1.0" >
          <xsl:output method = "text" />

          <xsl:template match = "/AAA" >

               <xsl:text >Ascending: </xsl:text>
               <xsl:apply-templates select = "BBB" >
							<xsl:sort
case-order="upper-first" data-type="text" />
               </xsl:apply-templates>

          </xsl:template>

          <xsl:template match = "BBB" >
               <xsl:value-of select = "." />
               <xsl:text > </xsl:text>
          </xsl:template>

     </xsl:stylesheet>

And output I am getting is:
aa  Aa  cc  ccCCC  ff  fff  FFF

Thank you
Raj..

"MMS <firstam.com>" made the following
 annotations on 03/19/02 11:20:32
"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH, ARE INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE INDICATED IN THIS MESSAGE (OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF THIS MESSAGE TO SUCH PERSON) YOU MAY NOT REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE OR ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH.  IF YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND ALL COPIES OF IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM."