Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/04/08 11:47:23 UTC

What are we planning to release? (was: Felix Framework update)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
>> ...The jcrinstall integration tests fail...

> Since JCR Install will not be part of the release, this is IMHO not a
> show-stopper....

So what are we planning to release (sorry if I missed that discussion)?

If we didn't discuss that yet, I suggest the following source code
subtrees, (*) means part of the release:

bundles (*)
contrib
launchpad (*)
maven (*)
parent (*)
samples (*)
site

-Bertrand

Re: What are we planning to release? (was: Felix Framework update)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:

> ...I'm not sure about samples as some of them require contrib stuff....

Right...specifically, the samples that I'd like to release are:

espblog
path-based-rtp
post-servlet-extensions
webloader

which AFAIK do not depend on contrib.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
>>> ...The jcrinstall integration tests fail...
>
>> Since JCR Install will not be part of the release, this is IMHO not a
>> show-stopper....
>
> So what are we planning to release (sorry if I missed that discussion)?
>
> If we didn't discuss that yet, I suggest the following source code
> subtrees, (*) means part of the release:
>
> bundles (*)
> contrib
> launchpad (*)
> maven (*)
> parent (*)
> samples (*)
> site

I'm not sure about samples as some of them require contrib stuff.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: What are we planning to release? (was: Felix Framework update)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
>>... If we didn't discuss that yet, I suggest the following source code
>> subtrees, (*) means part of the release:
>
> We did [1] and the result of the discussion is the current source tree
> structure with the launchpad, bundles, contrib and sample trees.
>
> So, we will this time in fact release maven, parent, launchpad and bundles....

Ok, thanks for the pointer.

> ...After the release, I suggest we go on to select which of the contrib (or
> even samples) bundles we want to release after that....

Ok, and we should have snapshot builds of those...I'll come back to
this in a separate thread if needed.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
>>> ...The jcrinstall integration tests fail...
>
>> Since JCR Install will not be part of the release, this is IMHO not a
>> show-stopper....
>
> So what are we planning to release (sorry if I missed that discussion)?

no problem...

> If we didn't discuss that yet, I suggest the following source code
> subtrees, (*) means part of the release:

We did [1] and the result of the discussion is the current source tree
structure with the launchpad, bundles, contrib and sample trees.

So, we will this time in fact release maven, parent, launchpad and bundles.

After the release, I suggest we go on to select which of the contrib (or
even samples) bundles we want to release after that.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/ey3i5haaewdbc2we