Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Anish <an...@techblue.co.uk> on 2008/11/21 16:44:30 UTC

HTTPS/ SSL using AJP

Hi All

I'm working on HTTPS/ SSL for Lenya 1.2.4. I need to send request over
https.
(Till now I've have searched that how to apply this using Rewrite Module
of Apache server)

But I need to apply this using AJP.

I'm unable to redirect request to https, although my tomcat is working
fine and accepting requests on https (8443 port)

Any ideas/ suggestions are welcome,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anish

Re: HTTPS/ SSL using AJP

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Anish wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm working on HTTPS/ SSL for Lenya 1.2.4. I need to send request over
> https.
> (Till now I've have searched that how to apply this using Rewrite Module
> of Apache server)
>
> But I need to apply this using AJP.
>
> I'm unable to redirect request to https, although my tomcat is working
> fine and accepting requests on https (8443 port)
>
> Any ideas/ suggestions are welcome,

AJP != HTTPS. AJP is on 8009. You would end up using rewrite to redirect
the requests to Tomcat via AJP, not via 8443. HTTPD would be the one
listening to SSL requests. Traffic between HTTPD and Tomcat would be in
the clear. You could use ipsec to encrypt that traffic if the two
daemons are on different hosts. That being said, I'm not sure how this
is done in Lenya 1.2.4.

Richard