Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2007/05/10 09:46:03 UTC

Broken link on the website forrest.apache.org?

Hi,

I think there is something wrong in the menu on the site. In the documentation
for 0.8 (it says 0.80-dev btw), I open the menu how-to. The link 'Use forrest'
seems to point to the current page. So when I have the page

RE: Broken link on the website forrest.apache.org?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 10:28 +0200, Bart Molenkamp wrote:
> The menu also says 0.80-dev, shouldn't that be 0.80?

jupp, I had fixed that as well.

Thanks again.

salu2

Posted by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 09:49 +0200, Bart Molenkamp wrote:
> I hit send to quick...
>
> Hi,
>
> I think there is something wrong in the menu on the site. In
> the documentation for 0.8 (it says 0.80-dev btw), I open the
> menu how-to. The link 'Use forrest' seems to point to the
> current page. So when I have the page
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-asf-mirror.html
>
> the 'Use forrest' link will point to that page, and when I
> open:
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html
>
> The 'Use forrest' link will point to the upgrade page...
>
> Is this wrong?

Yes, thanks for the report.

If you look in the source code of the links you provided you will find:
Meaning it is not linked, which explains the behavior you describe.

In site.xml I can find
<ForrestUse label="Use Forrest"></ForrestUse>
which is responsible for this.

I am ATM not sure why this tag is set in the first place I imaging it
was by mistake. Will fix it now.

If nobody beats me to it I will publish the web site this night.

> Bart.

Thanks Bart.

salu2

RE: Broken link on the website forrest.apache.org?