Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ar...@cnedi06.cnafmail.fr on 2003/09/15 17:31:44 UTC

problem with basic authentication with Websphere as client on ZOS

Hi all,

I'm actually trying client AXIS 1.1 APIs on a Websphere 3.5 (we will soon
migrate in 5) ZOS for a RPC call.
The target web services is located on a Tomcat 4.1 on Windows.

Client APIs work fine except that basic athentication does not work (the
same client works fine in the Windows world).
It seems that user and password are send in EBCDIC (the native ZOS coding)
to the Windows server. So the Windows server can't authenticate this user.

Is there a way to configure something to force ASCII for the user and
password?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Arnaud

Re: problem with basic authentication with Websphere as client on ZOS

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=105787295106872&w=2

=====

RE: problem with basic authentication with Websphere as client on ZOS

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
If Dims' answer does not get you far enough, can you please describe your
zOS setup a little more.  Is it just the client side that's running on zOS?
How are you invoking it?  It is running as a servlet or what?

Thanks,
Gary