Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com> on 2004/02/02 13:38:33 UTC

jetspeed 1.5 status

Hi,
I've heard mention of js1.5, and am wondering if anyone can give me a
date when it will be available in beta and/or in release-candidate form?

Hopefully it will come soon and be a nice was to upgrade from 1.4 and be
a nice packaging of all the fixes and issues that have been sorted out
since 1.4 was released.

thanks
Paul

Re: jetspeed 1.5 status

Posted by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com>.
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 05:55, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> On Monday, February 2, 2004, at 04:38  AM, Paul Mansfield wrote:
> > I've heard mention of js1.5, and am wondering if anyone can give me a
> > date when it will be available in beta and/or in release-candidate
> > form?
> >
> > Hopefully it will come soon and be a nice was to upgrade from 1.4 and
> > be
> > a nice packaging of all the fixes and issues that have been sorted out
> > since 1.4 was released.
> >
> We could schedule a 1.5 release as a maintenance release
> Im +1 on releasing it within a month or so

I reckon you'd get a lot of support from the user's community;
especially wrt not having to mess about with CVS to get a stable
package.

Paul

Re: jetspeed 1.5 status

Posted by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com>.

RE: jetspeed 1.5 status

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Big +1 on maintenance release. We should review Bugzilla issues and close
anything that got fixed (and document anything that was fixed but not
reported). This will give a better picture of what's actually going into
1.5.

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/