Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com> on 2009/11/12 09:48:39 UTC

Cocoon 3 configuration problem

Hi all,

I wanted to quickly install and run a new Cocoon-3 sample block.  I used
the cocoon-archetype-sample like below which installed the sample fine.

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon.archetype-sample
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-archetype-sample
-DarchetypeVersion=3.0.0-alpha-1 -DgroupId=com.ciber
-DartifactId=prototyping

But when I ran mvn jetty:run I got following exception:

$ mvn jetty:run

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'jetty'.

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetty-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

[INFO]

[INFO]

[INFO] Total time: < 1 second

[INFO] Finished at: Thu Nov 12 09:43:40 CET 2009

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

[INFO]

So what's the way to go nowadays for a Cocoon-3 quickstart?

Kind regards,

Robby Pelssers

Cocoon 3 - alpha-2

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
No there's no plan that I could commit myself to. The only issue that I
want to see being closed for alpha-3 is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-6. After that I will
create the release artifacts  and call for a vote.

Reinhard

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.
Hi Reinhard,

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.
I just ran into another problem when starting the sample:

(org.apache.commons.jci.stores.MemoryResourceStore).

(org.apache.commons.jci.monitor.FilesystemAlterationMonitor).

2009-11-12 10:29:20.341:/:INFO:  Initializing Spring root
WebApplicationContext

2009-11-12 10:29:21.919::WARN:  Failed startup of context
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@dbbe8b{/,D:\workspace
s\spider\prototyping\target\rcl\webapp}

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot invoke listener
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener@af8b32

        at
org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingListener.invoke(Rel
oadingListener.java:190)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingListener.contextIni
tialized(ReloadingListener.java:213)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.jav
a:540)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:135)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1
220)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:510
)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:448)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginW
ebAppContext.java:110)

        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.ja
va:152)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandle
rCollection.java:156)

        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.ja
va:152)

        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:117
)

        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:222)

        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.jav
a:132)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.
java:357)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.jav
a:293)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMo
jo.java:203)

        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:182)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:451)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:558)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoa
l(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:482)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:142)

        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)

        at
a:39)

        at
Impl.java:25)

        at

        at

Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unable
to read spring configurations from classpath*:META-INF/cocoon/spring;
nested exception is org.springframework.

beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing
XML document from URL
[file:/D:/workspaces/spider/prototyping/target/classes/META-INF/cocoon/s
pring/cocoon-sample-contr

oller.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Annotation-specified bean name
'org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoRESTController' for bean class
[org.apache.cocoon.sampl

e.controller.DemoRESTController] conflicts with existing, non-compatible
bean definition of same name and class
[org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoRESTController]

        at
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsElementParser
.parse(AbstractSettingsElementParser.java:157)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(Name
spaceHandlerSupport.java:69)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parse
CustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1255)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parse
CustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1245)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReade
r.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReade
r.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBe
anDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:507)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBean
Definitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:398)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.l
oadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.l
oadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.l
oadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)

        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)

        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)

        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContex
t.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)

        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFre
shBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:423)

        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(A
bstractApplicationContext.java:353)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.springreloader.SynchronizedConfigureableWebA
pplicationContext.refresh(SynchronizedConfigureableWebApplicationContext
.java:254)

        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContex
t(ContextLoader.java:255)

        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(
ContextLoader.java:199)

        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized
(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.wrapper.servlet.ReloadingListener.invoke(Rel
oadingListener.java:157)

        ... 39 more

Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from URL
[file:/D:/workspaces/spider/prototyping/target/classes/META-INF/co

coon/spring/cocoon-sample-controller.xml]; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Annotation-specified bean name
'org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoRESTController' for bean

 class [org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoRESTController]
conflicts with existing, non-compatible bean definition of same name and
class [org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoRESTCont

roller]

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBean
Definitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:420)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)

        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsElementParser
.handleImport(AbstractSettingsElementParser.java:207)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsElementParser
.handleBeanInclude(AbstractSettingsElementParser.java:197)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsElementParser
.parse(AbstractSettingsElementParser.java:154)

        ... 61 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Annotation-specified bean
name 'org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoRESTController' for bean
class [org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoREST

Controller] conflicts with existing, non-compatible bean definition of
same name and class
[org.apache.cocoon.sample.controller.DemoRESTController]

        at
org.springframework.context.annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.ch
eckCandidate(ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.java:267)

        at
org.springframework.context.annotation.ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.do
Scan(ClassPathBeanDefinitionScanner.java:208)

        at
org.springframework.context.annotation.ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser
.parse(ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser.java:85)

[...]

        ... 66 more

2009-11-12 10:29:21.137::INFO:  Started
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8888

[INFO] Started Jetty Server