Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com> on 2007/09/03 16:15:32 UTC

Anyone used Felix succesfully under Harmony?

Wondering if anyone has successfully used Felix under Harmony:

http://harmony.apache.org/

We had a quick try on our Felix based app (which is a  couple of Felix
revs back) and hit classloading errors. Wondering if anyone else has
experiences and/or sucesses?

Regards

-- Rob Walker

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com
+44 (0)20 7488 3470
www.ascert.com

Re: Anyone used Felix succesfully under Harmony?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Rob Walker wrote:
> Wondering if anyone has successfully used Felix under Harmony:

Felix is not one of the apps that we currently run regular Harmony
regression tests on, but we will certainly get it working again if it is
failing.

> http://harmony.apache.org/
>
> We had a quick try on our Felix based app (which is a  couple of Felix
> revs back) and hit classloading errors. Wondering if anyone else has
> experiences and/or sucesses?

Can you tell me how it failed exactly, which version of Felix/Harmony
etc.? either here or on dev@harmony.apache.org, or JIRA, ...

Regards,
Tim

Re: Anyone used Felix succesfully under Harmony?

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
Hi Rob,

Glyn Normington has managed to run Equinox on Harmony* so afaik Felix 1.0.0
should work, but of course there can be subtle differences that can trip you
up :)

* see http://underlap.blogspot.com/2007/05/harmony-guice-and-osgi.html

as Richard says, if you find errors/exceptions please post them or raise a
JIRA issue

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: Anyone used Felix succesfully under Harmony?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.