Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by stefan81 <st...@process-relations.com> on 2007/09/11 13:06:46 UTC

Re: Problem with content search

I figured out that documents saved under the new office 2007 formats (docx,
xlsx) are not recognized by the indexer (at least in JR version 1.3). Maybe
this is the cause for your problem. My JBoss tells me then:

[NodeIndexer] Exception while indexing binary property: java.io.IOException:
Invalid header signature; read 1688935826934608, expected
-2226271756974174256

When documents are stored under the old formats the indexing works. Are the
new formats supported by newer JR versions? Are there any efforts?

Regards

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
stefan81 wrote:
> When documents are stored under the old formats the indexing works. Are the
> new formats supported by newer JR versions?

no, jackrabbit does not support docx or xlsx.

 > Are there any efforts?

no, not currently. but if you create a jira issue someone might start to work on
it ;)

regards
  marcel