Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch> on 2013/06/02 15:21:49 UTC

About building the Camel source on Windows...

Hi

Just took out my Windows laptop out of basement to try building the master
branch and I was not even able to compile the source, e.g. the output of
camel-core build is:  mvn-camel-core.log
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5733619/mvn-camel-core.log>  .

I used the latest JDK 1.6/1.7 from Oracle/SUN:

JDK 1.6: Java version: 1.6.0_45, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
JDK 1.7: Java version: 1.7.0_21, vendor: Oracle Corporation

I didn't look into this in detail but just wanted to share this experience
with the other committers.

Babak

Re: About building the Camel source on Windows...

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Ah actually the problem was my old git client installation not being able to
properly check out the master branch and messed it up with some Java sources
of camel-core. Installed a new version and everthing was fine again...

I have also verified what I've once promised to James:

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/improving-Endpoint-documentation-and-tooling-td5731334.html#a5731719

The HTML documentation gets properly generated when using JDK 1.7, so we're
on good terms with MS-Windows as well which is a good thing to know.

Babak

Babak Vahdat wrote