Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/11/01 18:38:28 UTC

Re: Find Documents with field = maxValue

: What I'm looking for is to do everything in single shot in Solr.
: I'm not even sure if it's possible or not.
: Finding the max value and then running another query is NOT my ideal
: solution.

stats component to determine the max value, and a second query to search
for docs containing that value (plus potentially additional queries to
paginate) is the most efficient way i know of to get this kind of info out
of the box.

in theory you could write a SerachCOmponent that ran after StatsComponent
to modify the query based on it's results (i know Ryan has talked about
doing something similar for range faceting).

-Hoss