Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/28 03:24:09 UTC

Re: ipython interpreter prerequisites

Hi
Question about the ipython interpreter prerequisites.  The jupyter module version ( https://pypi.org/project/jupyter/) is pretty old.  Can it be replaced by ipykernel module (https://pypi.org/project/ipykernel/)?

Prerequisites
- Jupyter `pip install jupyter`
- grpcio `pip install grpcio`
- protobuf `pip install protobuf`

Will this work instead?- ipykernel `pip install ipykernel`
- grpcio `pip install grpcio`
- protobuf `pip install protobuf`
Thanks
Denny

Re: ipython interpreter prerequisites

Posted by denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 I see this message when I tried to list all installed modules.  I assume the IPython.kernel module got brought in by the "pip install jupyter".  It seems I can replace it with "pip install jupyter_client"?
The `IPython.kernel` package has been deprecated since IPython 4.0.You should import from ipykernel or jupyter_client instead.

    On Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 11:47:11 PM EDT, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I don't think so, at least we need jupyter-client module as we use
jupyter-client api to connect with ipython kernel.

denny wong <te...@yahoo.com.invalid> 于2021年10月28日周四 上午11:24写道:

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang