Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dennis Sinelnikov <de...@augustschell.com> on 2006/12/16 02:30:42 UTC

Tap4: Email Validator RegEx Bug

Hey guys,

I believe one of my testers found a bug in the Email validator.

x@ab.com  => Fails validation
xx@ab.com => OK.

Looking at the regular expression in
org.apache.tapestry.form.validator.Email,
"^\\w[-._\\w]*\\w@\\w[-._\\w]*\\w\\.\\w{2,6}$"
It looks like the "local part" of the email address must be more than 1
character.  Looking at RFC2821, I did not see this limitation.

I could use a pattern validator, no biggie.  Wanted to check if this in
fact a bug, I'll be happy to file it as well...

Thanks,
Dennis

Re: Tap4: Email Validator RegEx Bug

Posted by Dennis Sinelnikov <de...@augustschell.com>.
ah, should've looked under /trunk before writing that email.  Thanks Jesse!

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I think it ~was~ a bug until recently when it was fixed in 4.1.1.

On 12/15/06, Dennis Sinelnikov <de...@augustschell.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I believe one of my testers found a bug in the Email validator.
>
> x@ab.com  => Fails validation
> xx@ab.com => OK.
>
> Looking at the regular expression in
> org.apache.tapestry.form.validator.Email,
> It looks like the "local part" of the email address must be more than 1
> character.  Looking at RFC2821, I did not see this limitation.
>
> I could use a pattern validator, no biggie.  Wanted to check if this in
> fact a bug, I'll be happy to file it as well...
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer