Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andreas Owen <ao...@conx.ch> on 2014/01/16 01:20:18 UTC

admin gui right side not loading

I'm using solr 4.3.1 and have installed it on a win 2008 server. Solr is
working, for example import & search. But the admin guis right side isn't
is:

Load timeout for modules: lib/order!lib/jquery.autogrow
lib/order!lib/jquery.cookie lib/order!lib/jquery.form
lib/order!lib/jquery.jstree lib/order!lib/jquery.sammy
lib/order!lib/jquery.timeago lib/order!lib/jquery.blockUI
lib/order!lib/highlight lib/order!lib/linker lib/order!lib/ZeroClipboard
lib/order!lib/d3 lib/order!lib/chosen lib/order!scripts/app
lib/order!scripts/analysis lib/order!scripts/cloud lib/order!scripts/cores
lib/order!scripts/dataimport lib/order!scripts/dashboard
lib/order!scripts/file lib/order!scripts/index
lib/order!scripts/java-properties lib/order!scripts/logging
lib/order!scripts/ping lib/order!scripts/plugins lib/order!scripts/query
lib/order!scripts/replication lib/order!scripts/schema-browser
lib/order!scripts/threads lib/jquery.autogrow lib/jquery.cookie
lib/jquery.form lib/jquery.jstree lib/jquery.sammy lib/jquery.timeago
lib/jquery.blockUI lib/highlight lib/linker lib/ZeroClipboard lib/d3
lib/chosen scripts/app scripts/analysis scripts/cloud scripts/cores
scripts/dataimport scripts/dashboard scripts/file scripts/index
scripts/java-properties scripts/logging scripts/ping scripts/plugins
scripts/query scripts/replication scripts/schema-browser scripts/threads

http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#timeout

I have no apparent errors in the log file and the exact conf is working on a
other server. What can I do?

Re: admin gui right side not loading

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 1/15/2014 5:20 PM, Andreas Owen wrote:
> I'm using solr 4.3.1 and have installed it on a win 2008 server. Solr is
> working, for example import & search. But the admin guis right side isn't

Could one of these be the problem?

The default browser in a Server 2008 install is IE7, which is not
supported at all.  If you're using Internet Explorer, version 9 is the
minimum required.

The UI doesn't work right in IE10 if you're running version 4.4 or earlier.

With older versions like yours, I have seen some problems occasionally
in even Firefox and Chrome, and I've heard of problems with IE9 as well,
but I haven't found corresponding issues in JIRA.  If you download
Firefox or Chrome, you'll have a much better experience with Solr.  I
have zero information on IE11 compatibility, so I would assume that it
doesn't work right, especially with older Solr versions.

Thanks,
Shawn