Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2018/08/14 12:35:45 UTC

[RNG] Skipped tests (Was: [VOTE] Release [...] 1.1 based on RC7)

Hi Bruno.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:17:55 +0000 (UTC), Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:
> [ X ] +0 OK, but... some issues with RAT in local project site (more
> below). Or a +1 if not an issue.
>

> Build passing successfully from git commit on
> Apache Maven 3.5.2 (138edd61fd100ec658bfa2d307c43b76940a5d7d;
> 2017-10-18T20:58:13+13:00)
> Maven home: /opt/apache-maven-3.5.2
> Java version: 1.8.0_181, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
> Default locale: en_NZ, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "linux", version: "4.4.0-131-generic", arch: "amd64",
> family: "unix"
>

> In the local RAT Reports at the top level project site, I get the
> following:
>
> 2 Unknown Licenses

> Files with unapproved licenses:
>
> src/site/resources/release-notes/RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.txt
> src/site/resources/release-notes/RELEASE-NOTES-1.0.txt
>
> Not sure if an issue. I don't remember having this issue with other
> projects. Might be that we just need to whitelist these files?

Yes.
I think that they are generated by the new release plugin.

> PMD reports many issues in the Core, Simple, Sampling modules. The
> current website has a blank page, so I suspect these are new? Or
> maybe
> the plugin didn't show these issues before...
>
> A new first issue in CPD for sampling.

The issues appeared as a result of upgrading the tools.
There is a JIRA report:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/RNG/issues/RNG-49

> Skipped the reports for JMH and Examples due to shortage of time.

They are not part of the API. Sort of a playground for things
that don't quite fit as unit tests.

> Kudos for the test coverage! Really impressive!

:-)

> In RNG Simple, I
> noticed that on my local environment 1/3 of the tests were skipped...

That's worrying.

> I didn't have time to look into it, but suspect these tests are
> skipped based on some probability of failure.

I don't recall anything of the like.

> Probably not an issue,

There is a problem, somewhere.
Please file a JIRA report with more details (console output).

Thanks,
Gilles