Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Al B." <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2007/09/18 21:22:37 UTC

Problems with msxml for log4cxx on Vista

I am currently unable to build log4cxx using the msvc project provided.

The problem appears to be that in the msxml.h file the code: "#import
msxml.dll"  is invalid on Vista.
It appears Microsoft has deprecated this DLL (it is now called something
different like msxml6.dll).  I cannot simply change the header since there
are signature mismatches.

Are those of you building on Vista using a different build environment (like
the configure/ make approach), or is there something I can do to build and
deploy on Vista.

Thanks,
Al

Re: Problems with msxml for log4cxx on Vista

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Sep 18, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Al B. wrote:

> I am currently unable to build log4cxx using the msvc project
> provided.
>
> The problem appears to be that in the msxml.h file the code: "#import
> msxml.dll"  is invalid on Vista.
> It appears Microsoft has deprecated this DLL (it is now called
> something
> different like msxml6.dll).  I cannot simply change the header
> since there
> are signature mismatches.
>
> Are those of you building on Vista using a different build
> environment (like
> the configure/ make approach), or is there something I can do to
> build and
> deploy on Vista.
>
> Thanks,
> Al

I assume that you are using log4cxx-0.9.7.  As far as I know, the
current SVN HEAD of log4cxx makes no reference to msxml of any sort,
instead it uses the XML parsing provided by the Apache Portable
Runtime.  New users are discouraged from using log4cxx 0.9.7.  If you
have problems with the current SVN HEAD, please report those and we
can address them.