Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Yaron Spektor <ya...@b6systems.com> on 2006/12/01 19:20:00 UTC

HtmlpanelGrid issues

Hi There,

This is not entirely a myFaces discussion but I wander if anyone knows:

1. is there a fix to the border in HtmlPanelGrid? When I set it to 0 the
HTML does not explicitly show border="0" so the browser does show a
border, for example:

width="70%">

VS.

width="70%" border="0">

Is rendered differently

2.is it possible to create a colspan in an HtmlPanelGrid? (not only for
the footer and header but for the body too)

Any workarounds that you are familiar with?

Thanks,

Re: HtmlpanelGrid issues

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
Yaron Spektor wrote:
> 2.is it possible to create a colspan in an HtmlPanelGrid? (not only for
> the footer and header but for the body too)

You will want to use panelGroup (e.g. h:panelGroup) to group together
content for your panelGrid.

Additionally, you can use the new colspan attribute in the Tomahawk
version of the component:

<t:panelGroup colspan="">

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

RE: HtmlpanelGrid issues

Posted by Yaron Spektor <ya...@b6systems.com>.
Ok, I did answer myself on the second question (colspan):

Taken from the new example build of myFaces (Note that it is not posted
on the website yet):

<t:panelGrid id="grid1" columns="4" border="1" styleClass="standardTable
standardTable_Row1 standardTable_Column" >

      <t:panelGroup>

            <f:verbatim escape="false">1-1</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup>

            <f:verbatim escape="false">1-2</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup colspan="2">

            <f:verbatim escape="false">1-3</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup colspan="3">

            <f:verbatim escape="false">2-1</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup>

            <f:verbatim escape="false">2-4</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup>

            <f:verbatim escape="false">3-1</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup>

            <f:verbatim escape="false">3-2</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup>

            <f:verbatim escape="false">3-3</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

      <t:panelGroup>

            <f:verbatim escape="false">3-4</f:verbatim>

      </t:panelGroup>

</t:panelGrid>

Any answers for the first one?