Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Tan, Liao " <li...@citi.com> on 2008/09/02 21:47:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Unable to load config info from

Folks,
 I know this a well known issue, but still didnt find a solution.
 When generating the key pair certificates, running the command
openssl req -new -key mydomain.com.key -out mydomain.com.csr) I received and error message as
follows:

Unable to load config info from /var/empty/extlib/tmp/static/openssl-0.9.8d/ssl/openssl.cnf

so far I found that I need to check the open ssl documentation, which is not helpful.

Its HP-UX, APACHE WEBSERVER.

Any hints, please? Just waiting for the solution to submit.

thank you.

Ingrid

Re: [users@httpd] Unable to load config info from

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Tan, Liao <li...@citi.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>  I know this a well known issue, but still didnt find a solution.
>  When generating the key pair certificates, running the command
> openssl req -new -key mydomain.com.key -out mydomain.com.csr) I received and error message as
> follows:
>
> Unable to load config info from /var/empty/extlib/tmp/static/openssl-0.9.8d/ssl/openssl.cnf
>
> so far I found that I need to check the open ssl documentation, which is not helpful.
>
> Its HP-UX, APACHE WEBSERVER.

Generate your certificates on a machine where openssl works.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com