Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/30 00:08:08 UTC

First version of a front-end

I started developing a first version of the end-user-facing front-end [1], online available at [2]. It depends on bootstrap.js and jQuery.

For now, it only stores projects via localStorage, but you might get an idea where this is heading. Next step is hooking it up with BigQuery so that we can at least do some dummy testing with real data - once the backend is in place, it can be configured from the front-end - that is at least the proposal ...

Cheers,
	   Michael

[1] https://github.com/mhausenblas/apache-drill-frontend
[2] http://srvgal85.deri.ie/apache-drill/

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

Re: First version of a front-end

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.
FYI: the new version of the front-end is deployed. The only thing you've to do (for now) is to change the back-end URL *once* to  'http://srvgal85.deri.ie/apache-drill' (in the default it's 'http://localhost:6996') - this is stored, again, locally in your browser ...

If you now visit http://srvgal85.deri.ie/apache-drill/ (and have configured it as above) you can enter single-term queries such as 'jane' or 'Guinness ' and should get JSON docs as results ...

Cheers,
	   Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the positive feedback!

FYI: I've now started to code a dummy Drill backend [1], based on elasticsearch, so that I can advance the UI - will deploy tomorrow ...

Cheers,
	   Michael

[1] https://github.com/mhausenblas/apache-drill-frontend/tree/master/dummy-drill

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.