Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Сергей Алешин <fk...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/18 14:06:21 UTC

how to set initial value in MultiValueField widjet

Hello everyone!
I use Cocoon 2.2.
Please tell me how to set initial value in MultiValueField widjet?
--
Serge Aleshin

RE: how to set initial value in MultiValueField widjet

Posted by Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>.
Hi Serge,

Nice to hear you managed to resolve your own question.  I see you are actually using an XML document as your datasource.  I never had this particular use case so I never used the binding functionality.

Thx for sharing your solution.  I'm sure others will benefit from this.

Robby

Posted by Serge Aleshin <fk...@gmail.com>.
Hello Robby!
[...]

     }
}

Posted by Serge Aleshin <fk...@gmail.com>.
Hello Robby!
Sorry for my English.
I mean, how to mark some values from values presented as "selected"?
For fd:field I use fd:initial-value. But I don't know how to set
initial-value for fd:multivaluefield.

2011/9/19 Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>

> Hi Serge,
>
> You can still use the 2.1.10 API for checking how cocoon forms works.
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/
>
> Check org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.MultiValueField
>

> Normal way is to first get hold of the widget in question using flowscript.
>
> Then you can invoke either the
> -setValue(Object value)
> -setValues(Object[] values)
>

> Some sample code for your flowscript:
>
> cocoon.load("servlet:forms:/resource/internal/flow/javascript/Form.js");
> var formdefinition = new
> Form("cocoon://pattern_pointing_to_your_formdefinition");
> var formWidget  = formdefinition.form;
>
> //now to lookup a widget you do sth like this
> var mymultivaluewidget =
> formWidget.lookupWidget("replace_this_by_widget_id");
>
> mymultivaluewidget.setValues(somevalues);
>
> Hope this helps,
> Robby Pelssers

Искренне ваш А.С.

RE: how to set initial value in MultiValueField widjet