Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicolas Dordet <do...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/01 12:02:59 UTC

Mojo's order execution in a plugin

Hi all,

I'm developing a maven plugin witch contain 2 mojos (abstractMavenReport).
I wanted maven to execute mojoA before mojoB when doing a "mvn site".

I saw that in the plugin descriptor my mojoB is declared before my mojoA.
How can I change that? Is there a way to change the plugin.xml manually and
add it to the jar created when executing mvn package or mvn install?

Re: Mojo's order execution in a plugin

Posted by Nicolas Dordet <do...@gmail.com>.
2008/12/1 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>

> It's not a defined behaviour to honour the order of the plugin descriptor
> (nor is there a way to force that ordering when generating).

I solve my problem by modifiying the plugin.xml by hand (replacing order of
the mojo's declaration)... not really pretty but it work.

> Reports are not intended to be dependent on each other. Probably what you
> want to do here is write the common code into a goal that can be run in
> pre-site, then the two reports are generated based on that data.

In Fact, my second mojo need files generated by the first one. But the 2
mojo's have to give me a report at the end witch I want to have in the
report section of the maven's generated site.

Maybe I should revise my architecture...

Thx anyway

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.