Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Hounslow <Da...@travelstore.com> on 2000/08/25 10:54:16 UTC

Bug report

This problem occurs in xalan_1_2_D01 and xalan_1_1 it might be the same bug
as :
A "not serializable exception" occurs when you attempt to run a precompiled
stylesheet that expects parameter values to be passed in. If you encounter
this problem, you should forego the use of precompiled stylesheets until a
fix is available.

But I don't believe that the stylesheet I am using expects any parameter
values. I cannot get pre-compiled stylesheets to work at all.
to reproduce this bug do the following:
I've been trying to use the -LXCOUT command line option for
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process and get the following output:

C:\UserJava\xalan_1_1\samples\SimpleTransform>java
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN foo.xml -XSL foo.xsl -OUT test.out -LXCOUT
test.style
========= Parsing file:C:/UserJava/xalan_1_1/samples/SimpleTransform/foo.xsl
==========
Parse of file:C:/UserJava/xalan_1_1/samples/SimpleTransform/foo.xsl took 431
milliseconds
========= Parsing file:C:/UserJava/xalan_1_1/samples/SimpleTransform/foo.xml
==========
Parse of file:C:/UserJava/xalan_1_1/samples/SimpleTransform/foo.xml took 50
milliseconds
=============================
Transforming...
transform took 10 milliseconds
Error! org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.StringToStringTable
Xalan: was not successful.
XSLProcessor: done

The output test.style file produces a not serializable exception when you
try to use it.

I posted a query on this to comp.text.xml & it seems that at least two other
people have had the same problem.

Dave.