Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jpuro <jp...@sterlingtesting.com> on 2006/12/21 03:52:41 UTC

Re: Clustering Pollers

How exactly could one use JMS to allow for a cluster aware LockManager?

Regards,

Jeff

Re: Clustering Pollers

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this is really doable with JMS.
At least, it would require some sort of optimistic locking,
as jms message would not be processed synchronously.
I guess a database is easier for that ;-)

On 12/21/06, jpuro <jp...@sterlingtesting.com> wrote:

> How exactly could one use JMS to allow for a cluster aware LockManager?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > This is not completely implemented, but the idea is to use
> > a custom LockManager implementation which can work
> > in cluster.  But this implementation has not been written yet.
> > JMS can be a good idea for that.
> > Then, you should be able to set this implementation on the
> > endpoint, so that only one endpoint can process a given file.
> >
> > On 11/13/06, Jeffrey Puro <jp...@sterlingtesting.com> wrote:
> >> Let's say I use either the lightweight ServiceMix FilePoller or the JBI
> >> file poller.  How can I deploy this component in a clustered environment
> >> so that the multiple poller instances don't try and pick up and process
> >> the same file?  Is there a way to place some kind of synchronization on
> >> the file polling mechanism in a clustered environment?  Perhaps JMS
> >> would help...
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>

> >> Jeff Puro
> >>
> >> Senior Developer
> >>
> >> Sterling Testing Systems, Inc.
> >>

> >> This email (and any attachments) is intended only for the use of the
> >> individual or entity named above and may contain information that is
> >> privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or
> >> have unauthorized access, you are hereby notified that copying,
> >> disseminating, distributing or taking any action in reliance on this
> >> email is strictly prohibited<br />
> >> Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not
> >> relate to the official business of our firm shall be understood as
> >> neither given nor endorsed by it.
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet