Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by dion <di...@multitask.com.au> on 2002/01/25 05:18:56 UTC

Updating project websites

I'm wondering how feasible the current system is for updating project
web pages.

Given that few people have access to jakarta.apache.org to do the actual
update, and there are quite a few projects is there some way we can set
up an automated system such that commits to a given directory (e.g. docs
or website or jakarta) of a project will trigger a cvs checkout on
jakarta for that project?

I'm happy to write or attempt to write the code if this idea has merit.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers

Re: Updating project websites

Posted by Lavandowska <fl...@yahoo.com>.
--- dion <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:
> Lavandowska wrote:
>
> >If you're not already familiar with it, the Jakarta Taglibs has a
> >system like this.  I'm sure they'd be happy with your borrowing it.

> Cool....do you know what/where it is. The onlt thing I've noticed is
> mention of it as part of the 'nightly' build...The build file as part

It's been quite some time since this was done, but if you look inside
each taglib's cvs entry there is a /xml/ dir containing the xml that is
transmogrified into html (via Anakia, IIRC).  I'm sure there are other
cross-members here on Commons, several of whom were more directly
involved than I.

Lance

Re: Updating project websites

Posted by dion <di...@multitask.com.au>.
Lavandowska wrote:

>If you're not already familiar with it, the Jakarta Taglibs has a
>system like this.  I'm sure they'd be happy with your borrowing it.
>
>Lance
>
>--- dion <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I'm wondering how feasible the current system is for updating project
>>
>>web pages.
>>
>>Given that few people have access to jakarta.apache.org to do the
>>actual
>>update, and there are quite a few projects is there some way we can
>>set
>>up an automated system such that commits to a given directory (e.g.
>>docs
>>or website or jakarta) of a project will trigger a cvs checkout on
>>jakarta for that project?
>>
>>I'm happy to write or attempt to write the code if this idea has
>>merit.

Cool....do you know what/where it is. The onlt thing I've noticed is a
mention of it as part of the 'nightly' build...The build file as part of
taglibs does produce documentation. Maybe we could include something
similar here at commons, and have each projects build file produce the
nightly docs?

Posted by Lavandowska <fl...@yahoo.com>.