Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by madhvi <ma...@orkash.com> on 2015/04/09 12:33:01 UTC

Lucene and accumulo

Hi,

Can we use Lucene API to store and search data in Accumulo?can we have a
system, which is combination of the capabilities of both Accumulo and
Lucene so that data can be searched by lucene API which is actually
stored in Accumulo as key value.I have created lucene indexes of data
stored in accumulo, in HDFS.
Lucene queries are working fine over that but I want to use those
indexes to be searched via accumulo means the lucene queries should run
via accumulo.

Madhvi Gupta

Re: Lucene and accumulo

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Technically, yes, in much the same way that Cassandra data can be indexed
by Solr and Lucene (e.g., Stratio, Stargate, and DataStax DSE Search), but
it is a major engineering challenge, not a minor task.

There is an open Accumulo Jira issue for Lucene integration:

The SQRRL commercial product has (or at least had before the company
shifted its corporate strategy) Lucene indexing of Accumulo data, but
that's a proprietary product:
http://sqrrl.com/product/search/

-- Jack Krupansky