Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pankaj <pa...@rediffmail.com> on 2011/02/24 08:36:33 UTC

Archetype with a property file

Hi,

Can we use archetype:create with a property file rather than using
archetype:create-from-project.
My archetype.properties file will have below entry -

DgroupId=com.sample
DartifactId=sampleproject
DarchetypeGroupId=com.sample.archetype
DarchetypeArtifactId=samplearchtype
DarchetypeVersion=1.0

Which all step should i follow. I was referring below link for help.
http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/examples/create-with-property-file.html

- Pankaj

Re: Archetype with a property file

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
IIUC, you want to use an external file instead of command-line java properties
when creating a project from an archetype, the same way it is done for
creating an archetype from a project

Sorry, this feature is not here yet, but could be added: please create a Jira
issue.

Note that this new feature won't be added to deprecated "create" but to
"generate" goal.

Regards,

Hervé