Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tandel Sascha <sa...@tandel-online.com> on 2007/12/21 02:10:42 UTC

[T5] Type Coercion contribution at runtime

Hello all,

is it possible to contribute a TypeCoercer at runtime for a class
generated with ClassFactory?

And another question: Could some please give me an extended example
how to use the Strategy Pattern. (i already read http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/strategy.html
, but i don't get it)

Thanks

Sascha Tandel

Re: [T5] Type Coercion contribution at runtime

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
TypeCoercer is initialized staticaly from module defs,
and there is no support to add coercions at runtime...

There is also a case where TypeCoercers could be added in runtime
and without breaking it's functionality. For example if you
want to add type coercers for all Hibernate entities (to and from String)

those coercions are not needed at registry startup, and to know
which entities are there tapestry-hibernate module must be loaded,
but that can only happen if TypeCoercer is loaded too, thus preventing
you from contributing type coercer.

I belive that TypeCoercer is a candidate to allow adding config
even after initalization. If you post JIRA I'll vote for it.

Davor Hrg