Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shaveta_Chawla <sh...@knimbus.com> on 2012/11/26 08:54:54 UTC

AutoSoftcommit option solr 4.0

I have migrated solr 3.6 to solr 4.0. I have implemented solr4.0's auto
commit option by adding
<autoSoftCommit>
         <maxTime>1000</maxTime>
       </autoSoftCommit>
<autoCommit>
       <maxTime>60000</maxTime>
       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
     </autoCommit>
 these lines in solrconfig.xml.

I am doing these changes on my local machine. I know what autosoftcommit
features does but how can i check that the autocommit feature is working ok?

Re: AutoSoftcommit option solr 4.0

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
The best way to confirm the NRT aspect is to start loading a really large batch of documents and go to your browser and do a search for *:* (match all documents). See the result count. Hit refresh and see the result count. Hit refresh a couple times about once per second and see the result counts.

- Mark

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@gmail.com>.
Hi Shaveta,
simple, index a doc and search for this ;)
An soft commit stands for NearRealTimeSearch, It could take a couple
of seconds to see this doc,
but it should be there.
Best regards
Vadim