Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gianluca Sartori <g....@elis.org> on 2003/10/09 15:04:08 UTC

Directory structure

Hi all!

I'm new with cocoon. I installed cocoon 2.1 and I'm trying to understand
how to use it in a proficient way. I have some question to ask you:

1. Is there a reference manual for sitemap.xmap and XSP ? If so, where
can I find it? I searched for something like that but maybe I'm using
bad keywords 'cause I wasn't able to find anything

2. Must I restart the cocoon contex each time I modify sitemap.xmap?

3. I built this directory three:

cocoon

+ projects

  + project_1

  + project_2

  + project_n

How must I configure sitemap.xmap to call submaps present on each
project_i?

I added the following to the main sitemap.xmap (that one in the cocoon
directory), but without a reference I didn't fully understand the
meaning of the metacharacters I used (I'm guessing most of them. BTW,
why must we use a double splash (**) instead of a single one?):

   <map:pipeline>
     <map:match pattern="projects/**">
       <map:mount uri-prefix="projects/{1}/"
          src="projects/{1}/" check-reload="yes"/>
     </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

This doesn't work and I get the following error message:
cause: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/giangio/bin/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/cocoon/projects/sitemap.xmap (No such file or directory)

Additional infoes:
I'm running Cocoon 2.1.2 installed on Tomcat 4.1.27 on a linux box.

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca

Re: Directory structure

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xsp/index.html

Additionally there is the wiki: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Main

> 2. Must I restart the cocoon contex each time I modify sitemap.xmap?

Depends on the configuration for the compiled sitemap. 2.1 has only the
interpreted sitemap and per default you don't have to restart Cocoon, I
don't know if it's configurable for live environments.

> 3. I built this directory three:
>
> cocoon
> |
> + projects
>   + project_1
>   + project_2
>   + project_n
>
> How must I configure sitemap.xmap to call submaps present on each
> project_i?
>
> I added the following to the main sitemap.xmap (that one in the cocoon
> directory), but without a reference I didn't fully understand the
> meaning of the metacharacters I used (I'm guessing most of them. BTW,
> why must we use a double splash (**) instead of a single one?):

Because of possible slashes, otherwise it would only map files like
projects/filename.ext.

>    <map:pipeline>
>      <map:match pattern="projects/**">
>        <map:mount uri-prefix="projects/{1}/"
>           src="projects/{1}/" check-reload="yes"/>
>      </map:match>
>    </map:pipeline>

<map:mount uri-prefix="projects" src="projects/sitemap.xmap"
check-reload="yes"/>

> This doesn't work and I get the following error message:
> cause: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /home/giangio/bin/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/cocoon/projects/sitemap.xmap (No such file or directory)

Does my <map:mount/> work? If not, what's the error message and where
should the sitemap be searched?

Joerg