Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de> on 2000/01/04 10:39:49 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_config.c http_main.c

On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 05:07:37PM -0000, coar@hyperreal.org wrote:
>   	Add a way to find out where Apache will be looking for the
>   	suexec binary, since its presence and correct permissions
>   	are all that it takes to enable it.  It's sort-of a module,
>   	so add the report to the '-l' output.

I'm not sure whether this is a wise decision. People may have parsed
the output of "httpd -l" using scripts; their scripts will break
with this modification. I would feel better if the modification
would add the suexec state to, e.g., output of the -v or -V options.
(They are less probable candidates for parsing by 3rd party scripts).

    Martin
--
  <Ma...@MchP.Siemens.De>      |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <ma...@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany