Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/10/24 22:11:13 UTC

Re: Async exception

the remote side of the connection disconnected.  What ActiveMQ version are
you using?

On 10/23/06, petera <pe...@egsgroup.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following exception being thrown after the message broker
> has been up and running for a while:
>
> 2006-10-20 20:06:48,381  WARN [org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection] -
> Async exception with no exception listener: java.io.EOFException
> java.io.EOFException
>         at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java
> :274)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:142)
>
> What is the problem ?
>
> TIA Peter

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Async exception

Posted by petera <pe...@egsgroup.com>.
Hiram,

I know. I thought the log entry:

>ERROR MulticastDiscoveryAgent        - failed to process packet:
> java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

would give you a clue about why the broker is being closed.

What is the MulticastDiscoveryAgent ?

Also are the settings in my config files and web app files okay ?

Thanks Peter

Re: Async exception

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
> [...]

> >>         factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
> >>         brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker"
> >>         brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616"
> >>         useEmbeddedBroker="false"/>
> >>
> >>     <Resource name="jms/InvoiceQueue"
> >>         auth="Container"
> >>         type="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue"
> >>         factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
> >>         physicalName="INVOICE"/>

> bad

> get
> >> >

> http://hiramchirino.com/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC6/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/

> server.

> >> recent

> >> version

> message

> >> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection]
> >> java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)
> >> >> >>
> >> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Async exception

Posted by petera <pe...@egsgroup.com>.
Hiram,

Re: Async exception

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
> [...]

>         physicalName="INVOICE"/>
>

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >
> > It looks a message that can be safely ignored.  Is there any other bad
> > behaviours besides the log message?
> >
> > I would recommend you try the 4.0.2 release candidate that you can get
> > from:
> >
> http://hiramchirino.com/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC6/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/
> >
> > I has had many bugs fixed and much more stable.
> >
> > On 10/25/06, petera <pe...@egsgroup.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hiram,
> >>
> >> Thanks for replying. I am using version 4.0.1 on an Apple Mac server.
> >>
> >> The problem seems to be the broker going down. Please see my more
> recent
> >> post "Broker going down"
> >> it contains the ActiveMQ configurations I am using.
> >>
> >> We are in a testing phase at the moment so I really need to find a

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Async exception

Posted by petera <pe...@egsgroup.com>.
Hiram,

Re: Async exception

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
It looks a message that can be safely ignored.  Is there any other bad
behaviours besides the log message?

I would recommend you try the 4.0.2 release candidate that you can get from:
http://hiramchirino.com/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC6/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/

I has had many bugs fixed and much more stable.

On 10/25/06, petera <pe...@egsgroup.com> wrote:

> Hiram,
>
> Thanks for replying. I am using version 4.0.1 on an Apple Mac server.
>
> The problem seems to be the broker going down. Please see my more recent
> post "Broker going down"
> it contains the ActiveMQ configurations I am using.
>
> We are in a testing phase at the moment so I really need to find a
> solution
> soon.
>
> Thanks Peter
>

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >
> > the remote side of the connection disconnected.  What ActiveMQ version
> are
> > you using?
> >
> > On 10/23/06, petera <pe...@egsgroup.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am getting the following exception being thrown after the message
> >> broker
> >> has been up and running for a while:
> >>
> >> 2006-10-20 20:06:48,381  WARN [org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection]
> -
> >> Async exception with no exception listener: java.io.EOFException
> >> java.io.EOFException
> >>         at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(
> OpenWireFormat.java
> >> :274)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java
> :142)
> >>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
> >>
> >> What is the problem ?
> >>
> >> TIA Peter
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --