Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "César V." <cv...@ptbsl.com> on 2007/01/14 15:58:00 UTC

Re: setting dependency to a project with pom packaging?

Victor Okunev wrote:

> Can I create a dependency to a project with pom packaging? This would
> be convenient rather than creating separate dependencies on each
> module it contains. I tried but unsuccessfully, it seems that Maven is
> looking for a jar.  Perhaps I am missing something?
>
> Victor

I have the same problem with the following pom:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/mule/transports/mule-transports/1.3.3/mule-transports-1.3.3.pom
I would like to set up the modules it refers to as dependencies, but I don't
want to list all of them explicitly; I naively expected importing this
parent pom would do, but unfortunately it doesn't.

César