Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aleš Gregor <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/08 13:37:18 UTC

SOLR 6: edismax search query with OR operator does not work as expected

Hello,

after migrating my index from Solr 4.3 to Solr 6 I noticed that the OR
logical operator in search query no longer works as expected.

On Solr 4.3 query - Blue OR Red - brings all documents with Blue or Red or
both tokens found.
On Solr 6 the same query only brings documents with both the tokens, Blue
and Red.

I see some difference in the debug of the query but I cannot  make much
sense out of it.

Was there any change between Solr 4 and 6 that would cause this?

Thanks
Ales Gregor

Re: SOLR 6: edismax search query with OR operator does not work as expected

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Also take a look at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8812