Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2021/08/16 20:35:31 UTC

Ignite Website UI and UX improvements

Folks,

In early 2021 a 3rd-party vendor helped us to conduct a usability audit of
the Ignite website. The audit revealed significant user experience and
structure-related gaps that make it harder to understand Ignite, navigate,
consume content.

We've just started bringing those changes to life:

I'll keep you posted on the progress and intermediate results. Let me know
if:
a) you have any questions or suggestions
b) you want to be involved in this effort and brief the team (the same
vendor) on the structure/content of the community and other pages. I meet
with the folks several days a week to help them finish the project by late
September- early October.

--
Denis

-
Denis

Re: Ignite Website UI and UX improvements

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Yes, it's not in scope for this website upgrade. The folks who developed
the new website are contractors who were paid.

-
Denis

Posted by Kseniya Romanova <ks...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kseniya Romanova <ks...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Denis,

The new design looks good.
A few comments:

Posted by Mauricio Stekl <ma...@stekl.org>.
Hi,
I completed merging the code and the new website is live now.  Also updated
the wiki instructions to build and test the site locally:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Website+Development

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best,
Mauricio

Posted by Mauricio Stekl <ma...@stekl.org>.
Hi all,