Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com.INVALID> on 2017/10/20 20:08:29 UTC

[Proposal] Sharing Neville's post and upcoming meetups in the Twitter handle

Hi everyone - What do you think about sharing Neville's blogpost[1] about
the road to Scio on the Apache Beam Twitter account?, I think it'd be good
to share some content since the last time we were active as 9/27.

Also - could you help promote some of the upcoming Meetups? I made the
following tweets:

11/1 - San Francisco Cloud Mafia
Tweet:
Come join the SF Cloud Mafia to learn about stream & batch processing with
#ApacheBeam on Nov. 1st. https://www.meetup.com/San-
Francisco-Cloud-Mafia/events/244180581/

11/22 - StockholmApache Beam Meetup
Tweet:
Stockholm is ready for its first #ApacheBeam meetup on Nov. 22nd. Join if
you're around! https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Beam-Stockholm/

[1] https://labs.spotify.com/2017/10/16/big-data-processing-at-
spotify-the-road-to-scio-part-1/

Thanks!

Re: [Proposal] Sharing Neville's post and upcoming meetups in the Twitter handle

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com.INVALID>.
Done.

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Vilhelm von Ehrenheim <vo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for sharing the Stockholm meetup closer to the event.

The Meetup filled up really fast which is great! There seem to be a growing
interest for Beam here.

Btw, Gris is also already sending us swag for that event as proposed.

Vilhelm

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Neville Li <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Part 2 is out:
https://labs.spotify.com/2017/10/23/big-data-processing-at-spotify-the-road-to-scio-part-2/

We also have a meetup in Stockholm later today:
https://www.meetup.com/stockholm-hug/events/244112281/

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 for Neville's post.

And no problem to promote the coming meetups.

Regards
JB

On 10/20/2017 10:08 PM, Griselda Cuevas wrote:
> Hi everyone - What do you think about sharing Neville's blogpost[1] about
> the road to Scio on the Apache Beam Twitter account?, I think it'd be good
> to share some content since the last time we were active as 9/27.
>
> Also - could you help promote some of the upcoming Meetups? I made the
> following tweets:
>
> 11/1 - San Francisco Cloud Mafia
> Tweet:
> Come join the SF Cloud Mafia to learn about stream & batch processing with
> #ApacheBeam on Nov. 1st. https://www.meetup.com/San-
> Francisco-Cloud-Mafia/events/244180581/
>
> 11/22 - StockholmApache Beam Meetup
> Tweet:
> Stockholm is ready for its first #ApacheBeam meetup on Nov. 22nd. Join if
> you're around! https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Beam-Stockholm/
>
> [1] https://labs.spotify.com/2017/10/16/big-data-processing-at-
> spotify-the-road-to-scio-part-1/
>
> Thanks!

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [Proposal] Sharing Neville's post and upcoming meetups in the Twitter handle

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com.INVALID>.
This makes sense to me. I published the first tweet, we can publish the
second one perhaps closer to the event.

Ahmet