Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Yash Ganthe <ya...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/31 08:58:14 UTC

How to trigger Messages at specific times

Hi,

We have a DB table where every row has a text message and a timestamp. E.g.
Mesg1 09:00
Mesg2 09:01
Mesg3 09:15
Mesg4 09:20

The timings are not at a fixed interval. It is uneven. We would like to
read the table as a Source and send the Messages to a Target at the
configured timestamps. Components like Quartz do not allow configuring
uneven trigger times.

Is there a common pattern that can be followed for such a use case?

Regards,
Yash

Re: How to trigger Messages at specific times

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mk...@gmail.com>.
The process that triggers calls producer template and publishes it to a
route. You definitely don't want to do the work as part of the trigger you
want to publish to a q u e u e or topic

Posted by Yash Ganthe <ya...@gmail.com>.
From Quartz that is set up outside of Camel, what do we need to do to

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mk...@gmail.com>.