Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Matt Pickering <mp...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/26 16:13:38 UTC

Jetspeed Bug #19624 and alternate patch.

Hi,

I've recently started using Jetspeed for portal
development and my shop uses JSP for templating.  I've
stumbled across the localization bug using the
<jetspeed:l10n/> JSP tag and the patch suggested in
bug report #19624.

I submit the following line change to line 131 of
JetspeedL10NTag.java as an alternative to the patch
listed in this bug report:

result = new
StringElement(locService.getString(locService.getDefaultBundleName(),
locService.getLocale(data), this.key));

This is instead of the line:

result = new
StringElement(locService.getString("org.apache.jetspeed.modules.localization.JetspeedLocalization",
locService.getLocale(data), def));

The provided alternate forces the use of the default
resource bundle specified in
TurbineResources.properties or in a custom property
file and does the proper default value resolution if a
resource entry in not present in the bundle since the
default value is automatically assigned when a
MissingResourceException is thrown.  The line
suggested in the bug report will fail if a alt=""
parameter is added to the JSP tag since it will
attempt to lookup the key in the resource bundle as
the default value rather than using the key name.

If this is useful to anyone, please let me know.

Matt Pickering