Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/11/23 10:54:46 UTC

No set-property for action-mappings in DTD ?!

The struts-config.dtd has a type attribute in the action-mapping element,
that allows the use of a customized ActionMapping class instead of the
default ActionMapping/ActionMappingBase.

However, the set-property sub-element is missing in the action-mapping.

I would to see it there for the same reasons it is allowed in action and
action-forward:

The "set-property" element specifies the name and value of an additional
JavaBeans configuration property whose setter method will be called on
the object that represents our surrounding element.  This is especially
useful when an extended implementation class (with additional properties)
is configured [...]

--
Matthias                          mailto:make@BESToffers.de

(BTW.: I've noticed that the default type for action-mapping is the
       deprecated ActionMappingBase. Shouldn't it be ActionMapping ?)

Re: No set-property for action-mappings in DTD ?!

Posted by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de>.
> I would to see it there for the same reasons it is allowed in action and
> action-forward:

Oops. This was a stupid request. I was looking for a way to set properties
on specific ActionMapping instances similar to what's possible with the
set-property element for specific action's.

Adding set-property to the action-mapping would be of no help.

Sorry for the traffic.
Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)